A few years ago I put together a bucket list of things I want to do before I die. Last night my daughter was talking about creating her own bucket list, so I thought it might be time to update my own.
But first, let’s have a quick look at the first one. From that list, I came incredibly close to buying a purple suit, but balked at the last second. Now that I have a bit more money I think I need to do another trip down to Rosebud.
No penguin costumes, no troll costume, no replaced eyeball.
In fact, I have to say no to most of the old bucket list. Let’s see.
I have had a play produced – had a couple in fact – through GemCo. You can even buy the scripts. There was a link, but now you need to email them.
I have been an extra in Revolving Door’s Pokemon Resurgence. (here, if you just want to see me). I’ve published Dwarves in Space, and I am in the process of finding a publisher for the ‘Thropes series (again, let me know if you can help). I’ve also won a couple of money prizes for my writing, so that’s good.
I have a guitar, but I’m not playing it. I am playing the ukulele, which is a lot of fun. I have a piano, but I need to get it tuned.
And I still haven’t read any of those massively boring books.
Weirdly enough, a desire to do standup comedy didn’t even turn up on that list, but I have done a few gigs and even entered the 2020 Raw Comedy competition. So that’s an arrow in my bow.
OK, I’m glad I didn’t die back then. Let’s see how my attitudes have changed.
- I want a summer outfit that is properly summer – like the clothes they wear in really hot countries.
- I still want a purple suit.
- I would like to magically not care about food and eat healthy, to lose weight, ditch the psoriasis and stop needing the sleep apnoea mask.
- But failing that, I want to eat the perfect hamburger. The problem is, I have to try all the burgers to find the perfect one. Hence my desire to stop caring about this.
- I want to be paid to act.
- I want to have a book published by a mainstream publisher.
- I want to be paid for my standup comedy.
- I would like to be debt free so that we can travel more.
- I want to get the house fixed up, or move to somewhere smaller and cheaper.
- I want my family to be happy in their endeavours. The rest can come out of their own bucket lists.
- I want to write a screenplay.
- I want to finish the Faux Pas first book at least.
- I want to complete Yarra Noir (and talking to Shereen, I might actually have the plot point I needed to get it done).
Ireland, Great Britain, Spain and the Camino Trail, back to Japan.
- I need a movie night once a fortnight to keep up a bit with the movies coming out, as a Media teacher.
- I want to learn to make games in Unreal, or VR exploration spaces.
- I want to spend more time learning Spanish and brushing up on my Japanese.
Posted in Death
and tagged bucket list